Suffering from poor performance and reduced fuel economy resulting from oversized tires? A Nitro gear change will help get that performance and economy back! If you have fitted larger tires to your vehicle then you are likely experiencing a loss in performance, fuel economy, and more constant transmission gear hunting - This is because the larger tires reduce your engine RPMs below the optimal power band. Re-gearing the differentials in your vehicle is the only way to get your vehicle back into its optimal operating RPM range, thus improving performance and reducing strain on your vehicle drivetrain.
This is especially important for todays vehicles as they feature tall factory gearing and overdrive transmissions which are less tolerant to increase in tire size or the weight of added accessories. It is a common misconception that gear changes are Reversed only to hardcore off-roaders or trucks with huge tires. However, re-gearing is one of the single most beneficial modifications you can make to keep the performance, economy, and durability of your daily-driven 4x4. This is a mod for anyone with larger tires, increased weight, or for increased performance on stock vehicles for towing or increased acceleration.
We at Nitro Gear and Axle realize the difficulty for the average consumer or install shop to compile the list of parts and prices required when doing a gear change. To make it easier for everyone the experts at Nitro are introducing an industry first Gear Packages for many popular 4x4 applications. One part number. One price. One click away.
The kits assembled by Nitro Gear and Axle only use the highest quality bearings available from Timken and Koyo. Nitro Gear and Axle does not use any cheap Chinese bearings. By using only Timken and Koyo bearings just like all of the OEM vehicle manufacturers you can be assured that your differential will be reliable, durable, and quiet for years to come.
- 2000.5-2001 Jeep Cherokee XJ with Dana 30 Front and Chrysler 8.25 Inch Rear, 4.56 Ratio, Nitro Gear Package Kit
- Front Differential: Dana 30 (Not Reverse)
- Rear Differential: Chrysler 8.25 Inch
- Gear Ratio: 4.56
- Manufacturer: Nitro Gear and Axle
- Warranty: 2 Years
- Sold As A Kit
Nitro Ring and Pinion Features:
- Manufactured in South Korea
- 8620 Steel Gear Forgings
- Precision Machining
- CNC Triple-lapping
- Heat Treatment
- Rockwell Hardness Tested
Gear Package Includes:
- Nitro front ring and pinion
- Nitro front Master Install Kit (Includes Timken and Koyo Bearings
- Nitro rear ring and pinion
- Nitro rear Master Install Kit (Includes Timken and Koyo Bearings)
- If your Jeep has OEM 3.07 or 3.54 gears a new front carrier is required NC-D30-4-COM, Carrier Sold Separately
- Some 2000 Model Jeep Chereokee XJ With Chrysler 8.25 Inch Rear Axle (Check For Low-Pinion Front)
- ALL 2001 Model Jeep Chereokee XJ With Chrysler 8.25 Inch Rear Axle